Tuesday 13 February 2007

crap day

Do you ever have days where you just feel mad at everyone and everything?

blah.

It's rained here for 2 days - which is wonderful, we so need the rain (even though none of it is falling in the catchment areas probably - at least the garden will be green) but it means that we've been inside for the last 2 days ... I've been scrapping, which means the kids are a bit cabin feverish ... and driving each other and me a bit nuts.

I was supposed to go to the movies with a friend tonight, but cancelled that this morning because I'm out every night this week (mainly with church stuff) and thought A would probably like it if I stayed home. Now I'm regretting it.... could do with getting out of the house and away from the kids. arghhh.

Have done my 2nd page for the scrap comp at SBC ... my confidence is feeling quite shaken after seeing last weeks voting results ... I thought I'd done ok, but only received 7 points, with the highest scorer getting 13.5 .... My team of Trudi & I are currently 2nd last. Makes me wonder why I bothered entering. I've told myself over and over that I only scrap for myself and no one else ... that I'm not good enough to enter comps and be published ... I hate the whole being judged thing. I guess I just have to remember why I'm doing this, that it's for me and no one else - at least I'm doing LOs, which is more than I was doing before the comp. I mean, seriously, like I am design team material LOL!

I guess I really let that get to me today. I'd finished my LO before I saw the voting results (thank goodness otherwise I probably would have had a complete scrapping breakdown) and now am feeling really hesitant about posting the LO in the gallery. It's very 'me', very girly, flowery, pretty ... but it's not cutting edge or funky or new or stunning or amazingly creative or arty ... but I'm not any of those things either.

Anyway ... I haven't yet made A a valentines card and have no present. I'm not expecting anything from him, 'valentines day is just another day' - but knowing my luck, the one year I don't bother with anything will be the year I get shown up by him ...

Geez, I'm feeling soooo apathetic about everything today ... I think it must be that time of the month approaching. Funny, I had a bit of a lightbulb moment about that a couple of months ago - never having had regular periods before Maeve - that I get really grumpy the days before it's due and I want to eat anything and everything in sight - especially if it has sugar in it. The last day or 2 I've been really crabby and craving sweet things ... so I'm blaming women's issues. Sometimes being female in this world really sucks.

I have another Osteo appointment on Thursday ... my neck has been much better, but still sore. So I'll be glad to have the appointment, even if it means missing a gym session.

Anyway, I've just had a theraputic chat to Lisa on the phone - thanks Lisa - I'm feeling a little better. Might go to the gym tonight if I can rustle up the motivation ... I know it'll make me feel better, but it doesn't make it easier to go.

2 comments:

Brendy xx said...

OH Sarah dont think that because of the voting that anything is wrong with your work. Never consider yourself out of the game even if you are at the bottom one week. This sort of game can change so quickly and we have to become an other sometime and even than we can still continue on and play and win a guest design team spot too... Dont be hard on yourself..
I have crappy days all the time too but chin up and hope you feel better soon.

Trudi Harrison said...

Miss Sarah, what am I going to do with you? Your work is wonderful, you are wonderful.

As for the voting, that is something that we have no control over. Everyone's interpretation is different, we all have our own styles and our likes. That is the wonderful thing about scrapbooking. It's the freedom to express and to be individualistic. Some people will shine differently from week to week depending on the challenge.

O.K so we came second last, but we didn't come last, we are still in the game. So this will be our week to shine. Go FLOWER POWER, may the power of the flowers show us the way!!!!