Thursday 1 February 2007

bits & pieces


I finally finished my layout for the scrapbook city reality scrap comp - here it is:


The photo opens out and there's another picture and journalling behind ... If I can be bothered I'll post a pic of that.
I met the lovely Sara at the shop this week - she's much taller than I ever imagined !! And was very nice and so encouraging, I just had to go home and get this done! So now we wait and see if I get through to the final 20. Before I wasn't really fussed either way, but it's something I'd really like to do. AND I'm going to get my act together and actually go along to a crop at the shop!!
I'm a BAAAAAD mummy.
Max had his first day of kindy today ... and I forgot to take photos. Somehow this morning turned into one of the most disorganised mornings in the history of this household. I don't know how it happened, because I thought I was ready for this day ... anyway, I neglected to take the camera. So I figure I'll just take it next week and we can pretend it was his first day!!! He had a fabulous day regardless and was so excited to go this morning and very much looking forward to going back.
We have a busy few days - Kindy today, swimming with some friends tomorrow afternoon and then Max is going to see Walking with Dinosaurs on Saturday. I hope he doesn't get scared.
Had a nice surprise this afternoon with a friend from Melbourne turning up out of the blue. My house was embarrasingly messy, but we managed to look past that!! They're here for a week and we'll probably go down the coast on Sunday to spend some time with them.
Went indoor rock climbing with the girls from church last night. I got half way up my first wall and panicked a bit and asked to be let down. My brother was belaying at the bottom. But once I'd done the down bit and realised I wasn't going to fall, I felt much more comfortable, went up the wall again and then tried another wall which had an overhang. I got half way up the over hang and just didn't have the strength to get any further. It was a fun night and the girls had a really good time. Some of them were very good at it and it was great to see them achieve on the more difficult climbs.
Had a lovely Australia Day at the Glen's house. Max played so well with their kids. and being able to swim on such a hot day was great. Maeve loved the pool. Makes me want to put one in at our house ... I'd just have to convice A ... and I don't think that's going to happen!
I still haven't made dinner, and the house looks like a bit of a war zone, so I guess I'd better get off here and go do stuff.

2 comments:

Michelle Lindenmayer said...

Don't be too hard on yourself Sarah - it happens - take a photo next week and no one - really no one will know the difference!

Love your challenge LO - it looks great.

Alicia Barry said...

I really love this layout Sarah. I love how all the layers open up. Good luck with the challenge.