Saturday 17 March 2007

Week 6 - FNG and challenge

So FNG was to make a thank you card for our team mate, had to be a 2 fold card, had to have sewing, 3 buttons and couldn't use the phrase "thank you"


here's what I came up with - It didn't really come out the way I wanted it too ...



The challenge this week was an OTP thing - had to be something to go on or on top of the fridge - which kinda put me off to begin with - our fridge isn't magnetic and is surrounded by cupboards ... in addition to that I'm just not a fan of OTP. Don't get me wrong - I love what some people do with altered stuff etc, but for me, scrapbooking is about preserving memories on the page. My house is cluttered enough without adding OTP stuff to the chaos!! My house is very simple, clean lines, neutral colours, and I just don't see a place for OTP stuff in it - IYKWIM????


Plus I had that essay due, and just couldn't even think about scrapping until that was done.

So, enough excuses - here's my effort - very simple, and I don't think it'll get me through this week ...



This week I bought a pot of Gesso and a pot of texture past from Bunnings - I used the Gesso to paint the bills container white and will hopefully get brave enough to useteh texture paste on a LO sometime soon!!

Had a bit of a cruisy Saturday today - went out early for a run at new farm park as I was meeting some girls from church there for a picnic breakfast. Came home did a bit of tidying up outside in preparation for the big birthday party for Max in 2 weeks (arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!) and that was about it really!!

A's at his brother's watching the football and the kids are in bed ... I'm all on my lonesome tonight!

3 comments:

Brendy xx said...

Love the BG papers in your card, it is so cute!

Your Box looks great, great idea for your bills. Now remember to be positive and I am sure you will do fine!

Good Luck this week
Brenda

Unknown said...

I'm sure you'll be fine this week. I love what you've made. What great idea for the bills container - anything we can do to sweeten paying bills the better! And it sounds like it fits in with your decor - clean, uncluttered, classy!

You'll love using Gesso and texture paste. Takes a bit of practice but it's something that I like to dig out every so often and slop on a page or OTP.

Trudi Harrison said...

You have done an excellent job with your OTP Sarah. I think it's very cute and unfortunately very handy given the amount of bills we seem to collect!!!