Monday 5 March 2007

A good weekend

We're back from our family reunion weekend at Sommerset - it was really enjoyable. In fact, I enjoyed it more than being at someone's house for a day - at least at the camp we had our own space and could escape the madness for a while if we wanted/needed to.

I think the general consensus was that we should make it an annual event, although next time make sure there are a few more structured activities and a timetable, and perhaps make it 3 days instead of 2.

The kids had a ball, although the vdb kids and the waters kids didn't really mix much - hopefully that will change as they grow older. Mostly Liam, Max, Joss, Ellie and Maeve palyed really well with minimal fights and arguments, so that was nice. By the last day everyone was a bit tired and ratty and I was very ready to go home!

Still no news on results from this week of Reality Scrap ... they're having some technical issues (again) with the forum, so we're waiting for that to be resolved. The LOs this week were amazing though and I think it'll be a tough week to make it through. It's a little frustrating that the voting/scoring isn't a little more transparent - I'd love to know how the DT scores each LO (i.e their criteria) and I'd love to know what effect the winner of the FNG has on who goes through (like, are they told the scores before they choose who to take a point from etc) ... but I'm trying not to get too worried about all of that and just scrap. It's just a game and I'm not going to get caught up in the twists and turns and voting and scoring etc etc ...

2nd week of uni this week and I already feel like I'm behind in my reading - thanks mainly to my textbooks not arriving in time - Boy there are some whingers in the world. The units I'm doing, one of them is purely on line - they post electronic versions of the study guide and readings for you and all communication and tutorials take place on line ... there's this one guy who keeps complaining about how long it is taking him to access these documents (cos he;s on crappy dial up) and how much it is costing him in time and resources to print stuff - Man, get a life - you enroled in an ON LINE UNIT - what do you expect????? pffft.

Still haven't sold the other car - no one wants a V6 these days. Wish we could sell it then we might just be able to get a builder to come and do our deck and bathroom and finish this palce off. I would soooooo love to have the decks done.

Our blinds get installed next monday - YAY!! I have more painting to do before then ... boooo! I don't mind the painting, but it's the cleaning the brushes with turps and stuff after that bugs me. But there's no getting around that. We bought some good brushes this time - it makes such a difference.

Anyway, I'm just procrastinating I really ought to go and paint or put children to bed, or clean my house, or do uni reading, or do anything other than this!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I'm sitting here procrastinating as well. Should be doing about a million other things but I'm reading blogs, looking at stuff on ebay etc etc.

Ah well housework will always be there tomorrow.

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend and yes I think that the key to a family reunion is the fact that you can get out and go for a walk or something if it all gets too much!

Michelle Lindenmayer said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who procrastinates - you get to the end of the day and say man - what did I get done today? I know I checked the SBC website about 100 times - you don't realise how much you miss it until it isn't there!

Glad you had a good time away.