Thursday 11 January 2007

new shoes

Well our trip to the DFO was a great success!!! I found a pair of all leather sandals for my boy's stinky little feet, and a pair of converse runners for Maeve and a pair of boots (like a hiking boot I suppose - I might take a picture and post it because I think they're very nice!) for Max. For all 3 cost me just under $75 ... which I thought was pretty reasonable for good quality shoes.

I also found some cheap spiderman gear for Max's birthday in March. I got him a spiderman bucket hat and a t-shirt for $6 each. He saw me get them and was asking constantly for them, but he seems to have forgotten about them now!

Today we went and bought some t-shirts from Target for Max to wear to Kindy this year so he doesn't get paint and stuff on his good clothes.

It's been hot again here today, after a cool day yesterday ... this weather is so strange.

I have to babysit tonight. We have an arrangement with a family who live in the neighbourhood who have 2 little girls, the same age as our kids. I don't mind doing it as it means we can afford to go out on accasion!! But the older of their girls insists on dancing for me right before bed time and then chucks a mental when I tell her it's time for bed. I'm hoping tonight she'll be in bed before I get there as I don't have to be there until 7:30pm. Unfortunately I don't think there's anything on TV tonight ... might have to go and get a dvd.

It's our turn to go out tomorrow night ... we're going to see 'The Pursuit of Happyness' - Will Smith's new movie. I can't believe how sad my social life is that I'm excited about seeing a movie.

Our old white car is finally going in for a RW cetificate so we can put it in the paper and hope that someone will buy it for a reasonable price. The best part about that is that the money can be used to build a new bathroom!!!! Yaaaay!!!

Speaking of building, one of these days soon I must get around to doing something about submitting plans for our decks (the hoops the council makes you jump through are ridiculous). That will make a world of difference to our living space here. Hopefully by next summer we'll have finished both decks ... ahhhh, that will be nice.

Well, Maeve has a pooey nappy - I can't wait for toilet training to be over with and nappies out of my life!!!

No comments: