Monday 15 January 2007

Movie Madness

So A & I got to go out to the movies for the first time in ages on Friday night. We wanted to see The Pusuit of Happyness, but couldn't find a session that fitted in with babysitting and stuff, so saw Night and the Museum instead. Overall it was a good fun movie. Owen Wilson was in it too, so it was pretty funny.

The dissapointing part was that it was a closed caption session and we had to sit through the whole movie with gigantic subtitles on the bottom quarter of the screen. Anyway, I was pretty peed off about it but I'm over whinging about it, I have better things to do, and yes the deaf have a right to see movies too, that's not my beef. I just wish I'd known about the subtitles before hand - I would have chosen another movie.

We went shopping at the DFO again on Saturday, this time for clothes for A. You will never believe what we saw. You know how you see on ACA & TT sometimes stories about people who live in absolute filth ... like rubbish EVERYWHERE in their homes, food scraps etc etc ... well, parked next to us in the carpark was a car which was literally FILLED with rubbish and take away contaiers and food scraps. It was absolutely disgusting. I was stunned, amazed. I nfact, I was so astounded I took a photo on my phone - If I can figure out how to get it off my phone and onto the computer (!!!!) I will post it here. It was unbelieveable. There was room only for the driver and the rubbish was up to the windows and covered the ENTIRE back seat and passenger seat ... how do people live like that?

Maeve is having a sook, so I'd better go.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah, found your blog and love the title. We went to see "Night at the Musuem" as well this week, but the whole thing was spoiled by the stupid kid several rows behind us who decided to chuck his Boost juice at a friend sitting in front of us. So guess who got covered in a lovely sticky mess. Luckily the management was great and kicked him and his friends out. But I couldn't wait to get home and shower and change.

Your little ones are adorable, they seem to have grown heaps since I saw them (was that in Oct or Nov).

Sarah said...

Thanks Leone!!! I can't believe the kids in the movie!! who would do something so stupid!!